Friday, February 15, 2013

Trinity Parent Teacher Conferences

This morning I met with Andrew's preschool teacher to discuss his progress and experience.  I was a bit nervous for this meeting as in the Fall she stressed her concerns for Andrew if we sent him to a private school for Kindergarten.  She said she just worried about her kids that had IEPs and needed extra support - if they had to get that support outside of school, it would make for a very long day. 

Well, our meeting could not have gone better!!  We discussed Andrew's progress and academics and she has no concerns for Andrew in the classroom.  There are always things we can work on, but nothing that was alarming - more so that he's a boy and that's what boys do :)  We'll see how long that excuse lasts!!  She asked about Kindergarten again and I told her that we had met with both schools and we were just overwhelmed with the amount of support CPOP had.  We had made up our minds and we were going to enroll Andrew at Christ, Prince of Peace.  I don't know why I was so nervous to say this, but his teacher couldn't have been more excited for us and so happy that we were able to come to a decision that we were comfortable.

I can't begin to explain how blessed we are to have so many people looking out for Andrew and keeping what's best for him a priority.  At times it's hard to have so many opinions and perspectives to entertain, but in the grand scheme of things, we all want the same thing - what's best for Andrew.

No comments: