Wednesday, December 26, 2012

No more BOTTLES!!

We are so thrilled that Nathan no longer is drinking from a bottle!!  Since we have some time off to work on this transition, Christmas night was Nathan's last time for a bottle.  Nathan has been drinking out of a straw for a while now and is working on an open cup, but we always used his morning and night time bottles to get his medicine and daily milk intake.  Nathan doesn't really drink much liquid throughout the day, so his bottles were a bit of reassurance that he was getting what he needs. 

When Nathan woke up this morning, he was immediately requesting his bottle.  When I presented his milk in a cup with a straw, I got a little resistance.  After a couple of sips, he didn't make a peep and low and behold he finished the whole cup of milk!!  I was relieved that it wasn't as big of a deal that I was thinking it would be.  You never know with Nathan!!  We will be monitoring all of his liquid to make sure he is drinking plenty.  We are excited for these little milestones as Nathan continues to make progress :)

Our happy little guy sporting his new hoodie!!

No comments: