Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Neighbor Christmas Party

Our next door neighbors - Gary and Dianne are just fantastic!!  They are always playing with the boys whenever given the opportunity and are always checking in on us to help in any way they can.  They have welcomed us with open arms ever since we moved in and our friendship has just grown stronger over the years. 

Tonight they invited us over for a Christmas Party with some of our neighbors.  It was nice to meet some of them for the first time and actually be able to chat longer than just a quick hello or how are you.  Steve stayed behind with Nathan and Andrew and I were able to visit for a while before we left for bedtime.  We were all having such a great time and I was asked to come back after getting Andrew settled. 

I ended up staying over well past 11pm.  A lot of our neighbors are retired, but it was still a school night for me - ha!!  As I was leaving, I was handed a big envelope and told Merry Christmas from all of your neighbors.  I was thrown off guard and politely said thank you and headed home.  Once home, we opened the envelope.  I am humbled to say that each one of our neighbors had made a donation to the boys' trust.  It brought tears to our eyes how generous and thoughtful this gesture was.  We are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful neighbors who care for us deeply.  We are at a loss for words to try and describe how much everyone's support means to us.

No comments: