Monday, February 20, 2012

Talk at Fontbonne University

Tonight I was invited to speak to a class at Fontbonne about our family's perspective with receiving early intervention services. The majority of the class were students studying to become teachers of the deaf and would be eventually working as First Steps providers. It was great to be able to share our experience with dealing with ALL of Nathan's providers/therapists through First Steps for the past three years. I was hopefully able to make an impact on what they can do for the next family faced with a similar situation. Therapists make such a difference for a family in so many ways and if they were able to take a bit of "advice" from me - AWESOME!! I feel like right now all I can do is share our experience and hope that it can make a difference.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sadie's speech therapist went to Fontbonne and we LOVE her. Apparently it is an excellent school. So glad you got the opportunity to share you story with them.