Today Nathan and I headed to the Delta Gamma Center for our first Buddy Builders session - Nathan receives therapy through Delta Gamma once a month (in-home) for his visual impairment. Buddy Builders is a playgroup for the children (ages 1-3) who receive services and gives the kiddos a chance to interact with their peers and have fun in a social setting. It also gives the Moms a chance to talk and confide in one another. It's a two hour session where I spend the first hour with Nathan and then leave him for the second hour to have a group discussion with the other Moms.
I was a bit nervous to attend this and can't tell you how grateful I am to have gone. Nathan was just perfect and had so much fun and I was able to see Nathan interact in a way I had never seen before. We spend so much time each and every day working on things that Nathan can't do that I often forget everything he CAN do. We are so wrapped up in our own little world and it was nice to know (unfortunately) that we are not alone and there are so many children that have unique situations and needs.
Buddy Builders is offered once a week during the school year and once a month during the summer. We are excited to start going more frequently and getting to know all of the other families!!
No comments:
Post a Comment