This evening we had a meeting with Nathan's team of therapists, his First Steps' Coordinator and representatives from the Parkway and Special School Districts. It was a very informative meeting about what will happen when Nathan turns three and exits the First Steps Program. This will happen in February and there is so much to do between now and then.
Steve and I were prepared with questions, but have even more now that we know a bit more about the process. One of our biggest concerns is Nathan's hearing loss and how that will be addressed in a "normal" school setting. We want to make sure we have exhausted all of our options and know he will be in the best preschool social setting possible with all of his challenges.
I plan on visiting the schools this Fall once they are in session to get a better feel of what will be the best fit for Nathan. I really hope this decision ends up being easier than what we are faced with now. We are overwhelmed with everything to consider!!
No comments:
Post a Comment