This afternoon I headed to Nathan's preschool for our first parent teacher conference. Unfortunately Steve couldn't get out of work to join me. These meetings are difficult for many reasons and this is the first time I had to fly solo. Overall, I guess it was a good report for Nathan's progress so far. This year Nathan is splitting his day between a classroom for deaf/hard of hearing education and a special education classroom.
Nathan has been doing very well in the mornings in the deaf/hoh classroom and not as well as expected in the afternoons in the special ed classroom. I love that this is the first time I am hearing this and it's already November!! I had a sneaky suspicion something was up when his special ed teacher wouldn't send home his progress report before our meeting - that's also fun heading into a meeting to go over a report that you are just seeing for the first time!! I don't need to go into all of the specifics except that it was very apparent his special ed teacher was not pleased with Nathan's progress thus far. She only has two goals to work on with Nathan and he maintained his ability with one goal and has regressed on another - ugh!! Three months and really no progress :( I left the meeting with asking for the team to come back together via an IEP meeting.
However, Nathan is doing extremely well in the mornings in the deaf/hoh classroom. His teacher, speech and auditory therapists were thrilled with Nathan's hard work and progress. It was so great to hear some good news, but hard to get over what is happening in the afternoons. Nathan is really not acting like himself and we need to figure out why. I hope with some more discussion we can come up with a plan and get our little guy happy again and more importantly making some progress!!
No comments:
Post a Comment