Today Nathan had his annual check-up with his ENT. This is one appointment I don't really get too nervous about just because school is so on top of things and checks Nathan's ears quite frequently due to his hearing aids. Anyway, all looked well except for some wax build up that we needed to have removed. Unfortunately, it's not as easy for Nathan to keep his ears clean since his ear molds are formed to fit his ear and leave no room for the wax go.
Wax removal is not a fun experience AT ALL. It takes two nurses to hold Nathan still - one holds his head to one side and one holds his arms at his sides while also holding his body still. Not many kids do too well with being pinned down. I am singing as well as holding a light spin toy to try and keep Nathan calm while the doctor goes in with a metal instrument to remove the wax. Let me tell you - it's quite the ordeal. Nathan actually did really well today. He was so tired since it was close to nap time and was actually starting to fall asleep...a first for Nathan as well as for the ENT's office :) Definitely not what I was expecting, but I'll take it!!
Today is also Steve and I's 10 year wedding anniversary!! I never thought ten years of marriage would fly by so quickly. Nor did I ever think we would have gone through everything that we have. It's been one heck of a roller coaster ride and I am glad I've had you right by my side - here's to another ten years and more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment