Sunday, September 29, 2013

Emory's Walk

This morning we headed to Tilles Park for a walk to help support our friend and raise awareness for AHC - Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood.  It was a fantastic turnout and perfect day for such an important mission!!

The walk is along the one mile fitness trail.  One mile doesn't seem like a lot, but for Andrew and Nathan it's definitely a challenge.  These days we ask ourselves, "is it too strenuous for Andrew's muscles?" as well as "can Nathan be successful in his walker or should we bring his adaptive stroller?"  Well, today I decided we are going to go for it!!  I had my parents with me so if all else failed one of us could run ahead and get the car :) 

My boys amaze me each and every single day.  I will never fully understand the amount of work it takes Andrew and Nathan to keep up with every day tasks, but they constantly strive to reach their potential and I am one proud Mom!!  They continue to work so very hard and just do everything that is asked of them. 

Andrew was off and keeping pace with the group the ENTIRE walk.  Yes, he was tired after the full mile, but so proud of his accomplishment!!  Nathan made it about 3/4 of the way more so because he kept stopping to check everything out - and I mean everything :)  He is doing so well in his walker and we love his independence in it!!

After such a great time at Tilles, we decided to treat the boys with lunch and the rest of the afternoon at the Zoo.  At this point, we definitely had Nathan in his stroller and Andrew hitching a ride on his buggy board behind Nathan's stroller - it's quite the load these days :)  We had a great day and lots of fun with Gigi and PaPa!!

Andrew posing with the elephant before heading into the Zoo.

PaPa and Andrew getting a good look at the giraffes.

Patiently waiting for the train :)

Nathan riding the train in his stroller - I love his little arm holding on :)

Jumped on this tiger of some sort before leaving!!

No comments: