This afternoon Steve and I received some horrible news. After Andrew's 4 year check-up and over year of physical, occupational and speech therapies, we were sent for further testing regarding Andrew's overall physical delays. Testing included a neurological evaluation and a blood draw. From a cognitive perspective, Andrew is spot-on. He is a smart, intuitive and personable little boy. Unfortunately, based on his blood work, we found out a certain enzyme level of Andrew's is heightened and it's definite he has some kind of muscle disease.
This news has Steve and I just flabbergasted and at a loss for words. We already have so much on our plates and absolutely HATE that our children continue to get hit with such hardships. I know hate is such a strong word and I don't like using it, but in this situation I can't come up with anything better. Just once I wish Steve or I would be the ones to have to overcome these difficulties, not our children.
We have been referred to the Neuromuscular Clinic at Wash U. and are waiting for that appointment. Until then we will not know anything more. We hope and pray this is not a degenerative disease nor genetic. For now, we are left with just waiting...
No comments:
Post a Comment