Saturday, February 26, 2011

Community Connections

Today I attended an event put on by Variety the Children's Charity of St. Louis. I had the opportunity to listen to several speakers about support services, the Special School District, early childhood special education and individuals with special needs and their families. I was on the fence about spending the majority of my Saturday away from my family not knowing much about the event, but was very glad that I went. The speakers were fabulous and hearing from other parents seemed to put me a bit at ease for a change when facing all of our challenges.

We have a lot ahead of us, but I know we will continue to be prepared and make sure Nathan gets everything he needs. Overwhelming is a word I use often when trying to describe our situation, but at least we have a lot of support. St. Louis is unbelievable when it comes to having resources, it's just a matter of figuring out which will benefit Nathan most.

No comments: