Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

We hope everyone had a wonderful day with their loved ones. Steve, Andrew and I were able to celebrate Valentine's Day with Nathan - his very first holiday!! Nathan's progress continues very well and his breathing is getting better every day. The pressure of his cannula has been significantly decreased and Nathan is still going strong. Hopefully, this will continue and Nathan will be off all breathing mechanisms very soon. Nathan also has gained 1.2 ounces and is digesting Mom's breast milk without any trouble. Tonight, Steve and I were able to spend some more time with Nathan while "Aunt" Christy stayed with Andrew. Nathan and I did some more kangaroo care and I was able to give Nathan a bath :) He was such a trooper and was really pretty relaxed through it - definitely a change from what we experienced with Andrew (he hated baths until he was almost 6 mos old!!)


Nathan out with his mouth wide open :)


Nathan enjoying his bath.


All nestled back in his isolette - wish these other babies would quiet down!!

No comments: